Thursday, August 14, 2008

confusion? sucks.

I'll tell ya, confusion sucks.

Now, I'm not the clearest thinker out there, but I think that there are a lot of people out there who believe that women are genetically predisposed to take care of people, nurture, etc and quote vague scientific studies to support their perspective. I think that they are confused, and help the human race advance little by promoting their illusions as reality to the young, who might actually be looking for real information.

I think that anyone can do what they really want to do, without limitations.

I think that women can do what ever a man can do (save being pregnant etc), and that if they seem to accept that they are 'genetically predisposed' to some sort of 'female' behaviour they have been brainwashed.

At times (more than I like to think is the case, Holly Go-lightly that I am,) some people's perspectives have a certain conviction that relies on my faith in the speaker's intelligence to be believed. And it is tiring to have faith in fools. (Do they really believe what they are saying, or should I do a whole lot more writing-off than I already do?)

As well, I am really tired of listening to certain women (giving them good attention, listening to what they have to say, because they are smart) only to hear Shit. I cannot believe at this time in the world that women still believe that men and women are intrinsically different, with differing brands of potential. Feels like the 1800's. Or early 1900's. Or the '50's...

Hear me now! Men and Women have the same intrinsic potential, and if we lived in a more respectful and encouraging world, we'd see that very clearly.

I like to look to the Israeli military, where when the chips are down and bullshit takes a long walk off a short plank, women are given ample opportunity to show their leadership potential and kick some serious ass. They even lead men, and have large expectations of respect from them.

By the way, this also means that men can be good listeners, can offer a lot to the raising of children, and are able to cry. Among other things.

I am tired of wasting my time with those of (or worth) little hope.

No comments: